What are Piles/haemorrhoids ?
Piles are varicose veins or vascular cushions in or around the anal canal.
What are the symptoms of piles ?
Piles don't always cause pain or other symptoms, but if you do have. symptoms, they might include:
- Bleeding from the anal canal. The bleeding is usually painless and occurs as bright red blood dripping down after passing stools.
- Burning sensation in the anal canal.
- Rectal fullness or feeling of a mass coming out of the anal canal.
- Slimy discharge of mucus from the anal canal.
- Itching or sore skin around the anal canal.
- Perianal pain along with mass per rectum is an indication of strangulation or thrombosis of the piles.
Risk factors for piles
Straining at stools.
Spending too much time in the toilet.
Sedentary life style.
Grades of Haemorrhoids
Grade I: Symptoms of haemorrhoids like bleeding per rectum or burning sensation only.
Grade II: Symptoms + mass per rectum which reduces after defecation.
Grade III: Mass per rectum which requires manual reduction.
Grade IV: mass per rectum which is prolapsed out permenanthy.
How will you diagnose piles?
Digital rectal examination and Proctoscopy is done by the doctor to diagnose piles . All problems of the anal canal may not be due to haemorrhoids.
Fissure in ano is a wound on the side of the anal canal due to passage of hard stools.
Perianal abcess is an abcess near the anal canal.
Fistula in ano has an external opening other than tha anal canal that dischargre pus.
A per rectal examination and proctoscopy can also exclude more serious conditions like anorectal cancer.
Why should I treat piles?
- All diseases of the anal canal may not be piles. A simple digital rectal examination may help you to rule out ano rectal cancers before it is too late to treat.
- Bleeding from the anal canal, if ignored, can lead tol complications like tiredness, dizziness, lowHb, palpitation and even heart failure.
- Piles, if left untreated, can lead to complications like strangulation, thrombosis, perianal sepsis which are severe painful conditions. A timely intervention can avoid such painfull situations.
- The symptoms of piles can affect one's normal daily activites and self confidence . This can be completely reversed with this treatment.
Treatment for Piles
Avoid constipation and straining at stools.
Use of laxatives stoolsoftners and fiber supplements.
Sitz bath: Sit in hot water bath with some salt for 10 to I5 minutes two times a day .
Although a lot of surgical procedures are avaibile for piles treatment what we follow at our center is Lords dilatation + injection sclerotherapy. This is usually a painless procedure with excellent clinical results.
Why should I get my piles treated at Vein miracles ?
- Painless procedure for piles (3P).
- Excellent clinical results.
- Day care procedure.
- Early return to work.
- Effective for all grades of piles- even for those with complications like thrombosis.
- You can avoid a painful surgery.
- No risks of anesthesia.
- No risk of anal incontinence.
Instructions to be followed by patients after Piles treatment
Drink plenty of water- 6-8 glasses of water evry day, High fiber diet-More fruits and vegetables.
Avoid chicken,beef, and other spicy foods, Avoid Constipation(use laxatives), Avoid straining at stools.
There can be some amount of pain 1-3 days after the procedure which gets better in a week.
There can be minimal blood loss 1-2 days after the procedure which also gets better in a week.
There can be some anal irritation for about a month after the procedure.
You can resume your daily routine work the very next day of the procedure.
Please come for review after 1 week.
Avoid lifting heavy weights.